Saturday, September 27, 2008

Alphabet positions

Do you remember Daisy and Demi from Little Women? They were the scrappy little twins born to Meg and Mr. Brooke. Every day Demi would work on learning the alphabet with his grandfather by contorting his body into the various letter shapes.



When I was little, sometimes my sister and I got to practice our ABCs in the same way. Some letters take more than one person, but part of the fun is figuring out how to do each one and then directing people into the right positions. Then of course, you'll need someone to take a picture!

We didn't do this, but I think it would have been fun to take pictures of enough letters to spell a few words with the photographs. Maybe your family will do something like that (or has done it). I'd love to see pictures!

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

What a great Christmas Card idea. "Happy Holidays" spelled out by a family. Like a collage thing H then A then two P's and a Y...and so on.

Heather said...

When I taught preschool, we used to do this with each letter we learned! I'd take a picture and we made a book of it. It was a lot of fun!

I just found your blog from a link from moneysavingmom.com. It looks great! I'll stop by again!

Vanessa said...

What a great Christmas Card idea. "Happy Holidays" spelled out by a family. Like a collage thing H then A then two P's and a Y...and so on.