Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Rice Crispie Creations

I babysat these kids when I was a teenager, and they enjoyed this activity very much!

The next time you make rice crispie treats- instead of putting them right into the pan to cool- consider giving your kids a little extra fun with their snack. Give each child a piece of wax paper and a little pad of butter. They will need the butter to oil their hands so that the rice crispies won't stick. Then divide the still warm rice crispies among the kids and let them use it like modeling clay. I guarantee that a tyrannasaurus rex rice crispie tastes twice as good as a plain old square!

(Find more great Wednesday tips from moms here)

9 comments:

Kathy in WA said...

This is a GREAT idea! I love it. My five kids (even my oldest, age 14) would think this is fun. :)

Duckabush Blog

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of Christmas. My mom always dyed the mixture green and we shaped it into wreaths or sprigs of holly and added cinnamon red hots for the berries. Good Times! Blessings, Whitney

Anonymous said...

What a cute idea!! I love to do stuff like this with my kids.

Frugal Finds said...

Yummy and fun!!

Audra Krell said...

Just like Whitney said, it reminds me of Christmas! Buttering little hands to make green wreathes! Fun tip - thanks!

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

What a cute and fun idea! :D Kids love doing things like that! :D

Sherry said...

What a cute and fun idea! :D Kids love doing things like that! :D

Frugal Finds said...

Yummy and fun!!

Kathy in WA said...

This is a GREAT idea! I love it. My five kids (even my oldest, age 14) would think this is fun. :)

Duckabush Blog