Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Wooden Stick Puzzles


Preschoolers at my mother's church always enjoy it when she has them make wooden stick puzzles during their craft time. To prepare ahead of time for the craft she lays 8 wooden tongue depressors side by side and tapes them together on one side with packing tape.

On the other side she draws the outline of some easily recognizable object (like a tree). The preschoolers color the tree and rip apart the wooden sticks. Now they have a puzzle to put together! (They also enjoy taking the puzzles home in ziploc bags for their families to try)

8 comments:

DairyQueen said...

great idea!

MaryAnne said...

My kids just did this at our library craft time, they really enjoyed it!

Lettie B. said...

What a great and simple idea! I will have to try this one with my boys

Heather said...

Great idea! My 3-year-old daughter has just gotten into simple puzzles, and I think she'd love this. Especially since she gets to help with the coloring.

I love all the fun ideas you share on your blog, Katey!

Nic said...

I love the simplicity of this activity. Will do this when it is my turn to run the activity for playgroup.

Chrissy said...

I'll definitely have to try this with my preschooler! I just linked to this post from One Crafty Place...Thanks for sharing!

Melissa said...

I'm so excite to try this - thanks for sharing!

The Sunshine Crew said...

Cute idea! Just saw this on a links page and thought that it looks like fun.
We might have to make some of these for Christmas.
Thanks for sharing.
Colleen