Monday, October 5, 2009

Fun with Newspaper Inserts

A couple of weeks ago I bought three Sunday newspapers because I knew that the coupons that week were going to be worthwhile. Here are some things M and I did with all those extra glossy ads we had around the house as a result.

Swimming: we spread them all over the playroom floor and pretended we were in a swimming pool of newspapers.Crumpled paper war: we grabbed hand fulls of papers and tossed them at eachother."Falling Leaves:" Using a chair I piled as many papers on top of the ceiling fan as I could and then turned on the fan. M had so much fun standing under the papers that were billowing down that she wanted her little sister to get in on the fun too. At her suggestion, we moved G's bouncy chair under the fan, and we all enjoyed the shower!


It's Playtime!

8 comments:

Tiny said...

that looks so fun!

Sandi said...

Soooo creative! And those pictures really capture the moment.

Theresa C said...

that looks so fun!

Sandi said...

Soooo creative! And those pictures really capture the moment.

Rachele Reyna said...

LOL!  I love the face as the newspaper falls down.  My parents are youth leaders and they used to call crumpled paper wars "indoor snowball fights" or "California snow storm".  Thanks for sharing on It's Playtime.

boredombustingmommy said...

I love that ceiling fan idea!!! I've never thought about doing that!  Both of my boys will get a kick out of that one. :)  I saw your post featured at Messy Kids, so I had to come over and check out your blog. So glad that I did! I'm now following, and can't wait to see what else you do! :)  Hope you're having a great day! 

Having Fun at Home said...

Thanks so much!  I hope your boys enjoy it as much as we did!

Amber said...

This is a great idea.  I will def. be doing it.