Monday, May 3, 2010

Who has the Treat?

When M had some friends over the other day to make snacktime a little more fun we decided to turn it into a game.

Our backyard contains a little shed that I hope to turn into a tiny playhouse for the girls soon (more on that later). Just before snacktime I secretly placed one of M's stuffed animals out in the shed, along with a little treat on a plate. When I came back I told the kids that they could go get a surprise treat in the little house if they could guess what kind of animal was out there.

The kids took turns guessing, (with occasional hints for when they were stumped). Every time they guessed correctly and retrieved their treat, I went out again and stealthily added a new treat and new animal (I used a big back to transport the stuffed animals from the back of the shed where I had a pile of them to the inside of the shed). Once the kids had the hang of it, I allowed the winner for each round to change out the animal and treat for the next round.
The kids enjoyed the fun anticipation and the treats! (especially for the five-year-old; it took a little longer for the preschoolers to catch on).

No comments: