Sunday, August 15, 2010

Cookie Cutter Snack Cheeses


I really like cookie cutters, but I have to admit: sometimes I don't relish the prospect the mess and hassle of making a batch of cookie dough. Then, of course, there's the trouble of transferring the delicate cookies to the cookie sheet without good ole Gingerbread Man losing an arm or a head!

When there was a small party the other day to which I was bringing cheese and crackers and I happened to notice some of our flower cookie cutters in the closet, I decided that M might enjoy the idea of making pretty cheese flowers for the ladies at our church. And she did!
I imagine there are lots of things besides cookie dough that would work well with cookie cutters. Have any of you had good experiences you could share?

2 comments:

taramarissa said...

#1 - Playdough! #2 - I also make shapes with watermelon and cantaloupe - cut the melon into thin slices (maybe 3/8", just a tad thinner than the cookie cutter itself) and have fun with the cookie cutters. They look really cute threaded on a skewer!

taramarissa said...

#1 - Playdough! #2 - I also make shapes with watermelon and cantaloupe - cut the melon into thin slices (maybe 3/8", just a tad thinner than the cookie cutter itself) and have fun with the cookie cutters. They look really cute threaded on a skewer!