Monday, April 11, 2011

Gelatin Play Food


After the not-so-sucessful jelly printing project of last week I found myself with a tray of unused unflavored gelatin.  As it turns out, gelatin is just about the perfect outdoor play food.  It was so fun to cut, stab with a fork, and mix together in a bowl.  The girls thoroughly enjoyed themselves for almost an hour with it.
AND clean-up was a breeze.  Because it was unflavored and uncolored, it didn't make a mess; the girls' clothing was spotless afterward, and of course, the gelatin breaks down quickly in the rain; so we just left the spills on the ground.  Love it!

Works for me Wednesday!

5 comments:

Penelope said...

I would love playing it that myself.

Marie said...

I like all the utensils you had available. Good imaginative play.

MaryAnne said...

What a great idea! We'll have to give it a try this summer =)

Jamie @ hands on : as we grow said...

Gelatin is so fun! We had a jello excavating experience a while back and Henry could have dug in that jello all afternoon! :)

Thanks so sharing on It's Playtime! I'm gonna share this with my FB crowd too!

Jamie @ hands on : as we grow

Marie said...

I like all the utensils you had available. Good imaginative play.