Friday, June 17, 2011

Duplo Puzzles


Jeanae from I Can Teach My Child has such good ideas!  The other day I was inspired by her post about making animal puzzles made out of two duplos.   I love this activity- especially for very little ones.  It got my mind to thinking though about all the other possibilities for duplo (or lego) puzzles.

The version I tried today involved stacking duplos into a tall tower, gluing on a picture of a tall giraffe and cutting the pieces apart with a razor blade.  It was just the right level puzzle challenge for M.

My second idea was to write a message on a blank piece of paper glued to a duplo tower.  I love projects that involve mystery messages, but we may have to wait a couple of years on this one.  It was definitely beyond M's abilities to figure out how to put it together.


(The surprise was a little bag of craisins in the toy chest, for those of you, like me, who can't stand to leave a mystery hanging :-)

1 comment:

Amanda Klinkenberg said...

As I told Jenae... Genius!  I want to try these activities at our house - they are great ones!