Sunday, June 5, 2011

Soap Snakes


 I was so surprised when I tried this that it was so simple and entertaining, and that we had never done it before. You REALLY have to try it; your kids will be so fascinated.

1.  Cut the bottom off of a small plastic water bottle.  (I tried a pair of scissors, but a knife worked better).

2.  Cover the end of the water bottle with a piece of cloth.  Use a rubber band to hold it on.

3.  Dip the cloth end of the water bottle into a dish of soapy water.

4.  Put your mouth over the small end and blow slowly and steadily.   It doesn't require much pressure at all.

4.  See how long you can make your snake!  (We made some much longer snakes, but I guess our giddy excitement made them hard to capture on camera :-)
 
 One word of warning:  Make sure you only blow OUT.  If you inhale, you'll end up with a mouth full of suds.  This turned out to be pretty tricky for M and G; so I did most of the blowing. 

It's Playtime!




5 comments:

Sandra Rowe said...

Cool!  My daughter will love this!

Deanna said...

We did this and were also impressed at how easy it was. We used a washcloth rag. Thanks for reminding me- need to do it again this summer.

Brookehavenb said...

Love your blog! its so cute!! I am your newest follower!! Here is my blog also if you would like to follow me back. I am new to this, but I am excited to share my ideas on the love of food.. Also I will be giving away free stuff like my mineral make-up line. so take a look.. And watch out for it. :)
-Brooke
For-The-Luv-Of.blogspot.com

gsetzer said...

Love this idea!! Really enjoying reading your blog! I'm your newest follower!

Georgia :)
www.allthingschildren.blogspot.com

Havingfunathome said...

I'm glad! Thanks for letting me know!