Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Confetti Mosaics


The girls and I spent some time this morning looking at fun mosaics from all over the world and time.  They especially liked these:
I always find it so interesting what art pieces children are drawn to.
We even found a fun one made out of buttons:


By the end of our little research I had a solution for the bag of clearance Easter confetti that I had bought for 9 cents last Spring.  We made confetti mosaics with a glue stick and simple coloring pages.  
 I think the amount of patience required to fill little spaces gave everyone an increase appreciation for the intricacy of ancient art mosaics.  In the end, M turned her page into "mixed media" leaving the rooster feathers a mosaic and coloring the rest.

And yes, of course, the floor ended up something of an art work in itself!

5 comments:

Sallie said...

Love,Love Love this one! I am a nanny for a 1,2,and 3 year old I can make this one work for all three!

maryanne @ mama smiles said...

What a fun activity! Great idea using coloring pages, too!

Thanks for linking up to Learning Laboratory at Mama Smiles =)

Mikwlk said...

9 cents?

Having Fun at Home said...

Yes, in clearance at Walmart :-)

Cassia Sturgeon said...

I love your site! Thank you! I have been looking for almost an hour now...we have a 2 year old & a 6 year old that are going to LOVE your ideas! THANK YOU!!!!!!!