Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Nutrition Treasure Hunt

Well, we just got done with three messy baths, and the house is still in need of a good scrubbing, but I think it was worth it. We spent the morning digging in the dirt and mud for the plastic play food pieces that I buried in the garden.
I let the girls loose with spoons and shovels to find the food with instructions that the items worth the most number of "points" were the pieces of healthy food.  They aren't old enough to keep track of points for a real competition yet, but they enjoyed finding things and asking, "How much is this worth, Mom?"  If it was a piece of pizza or a can of processed food, I might just say, "One point."  But green leafy vegetables were worth 3 or 4 points.
They definitely did NOT find every piece of food I hid.  (I often overestimate toddlers' and preschoolers' finding abilities.)   I do believe we're going to be digging up plastic potatoes and carrots along with the real ones when our next garden harvest comes in!
WFMW

2 comments:

Sue Walker said...

How clever!

Patmagill116 said...

Always great fun and they will have great memories of all your activities!!