Monday, November 14, 2011

Rainbow Squish Monsters

I don't know what it is lately (maybe it's third trimester pregnancy), but messes around the house put me in such a grumpy mood these days.  (That's not to say that there AREN'T messes, I'm just not very good natured about them :-)

So when I remembered that unopened package of finger paints that craftprojectideas.com had sent me a while back, I felt a little tempted to send it back into hiding.  But then I remembered a fun idea I had seen on someone's blog a while back (can't remember who- sorry!)  about using finger paints to make symmetrical squish paintings.

I got out the popsicle sticks and we dabbed blobs of finger paint onto the middle of a piece of paper.  We folded the paper and SQUISHED (definitely the fun part).

When we opened up the page, we had the fun of figuring out how to turn the shape into a monster.  I gave the girls googly eyes to put on where they wanted, and they instructed me as to where to draw details on with a marker (ears, feet, hands, horns, etc).

Much less mess than finger painting- and not without imaginative and sensory appeal!



3 comments:

maryanne @ mamasmiles said...

What a fun (and less messy) activity! Love the monsters they made!

PlayDrMom said...

Super cute!  Another one for our "must-do" list!

Jaclyn Holtzman said...

I love your crafts! Please contact me if you are interested in having them featured on AllFreeKidsCrafts.com. I can be reached at jholtzman@primecp.com.

Best,

Jaclyn Holtzman
Editor, AllFreeKidsCrafts