Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Story Road

This is Annie. She took a little trip down the story road today. She hopped from book to book as we told a story about her, each aspect of the story relating somehow to the book she was on.
 The book paths forked and combined at various points so the author could decide what kinds of things they wanted to include.
 Each of us took a turn making up a story with Annie and the books. I went first, and it was interesting to see how each girl copied a bit of what I did but also added her own elements. We came up with some pretty crazy stories :-)
(You might have noticed that both girls are wearing two sets of clothes- leftovers from their self-declared "dress-up day.")

4 comments:

Marla Lohmann said...

What a cute idea!  Thanks for sharing!

Beth said...

What a creative idea! I am sure your kids LOVED it!! I would love for you to come link it up at my TGIF Linky Party tomorrow - http://livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com/search/label/Linkey%20Parties. I am also your newest follower. I would love for you to follow me back, if you like =-)
Beth

maryanne @ mamasmiles said...

I love that they declared a dress-up day!

And what a cute, fun, and education activity!

Pat said...

I love the creative and fun games you play with the girls. It's so much better than any $10 toy you could buy!!