Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Front and Back Photo Bookmarks



Here's a simple idea for Grandparents' Day, Mother's Day or for whenever you need a cute, personalized and inexpensive gift.

1.  Take front and back shots of your child.
2.  Print the pictures in wallet size.
3.  Cut out the figures and glue stick onto a thin, folded strip of cardstock.
4.  Use one small piece of adhesive magnet tape (I love this stuff) on each of the insides of the strip.

Voila!  A cute, magnetic bookmark!

























This project wasn't quite as simple as I had anticipated at the beginning.


Here are two things that made it trickier:
1.  Getting front and back photos of the girls where their limbs weren't flailing and they weren't bending over half-way to the ground...maybe your kids will be more cooperative :-)
 
2.  Magnets don't always stick to one another head-on.  I don't understand the science behind this, but I really had to fiddle with the positions of the magnets to get them to stick.  

5 comments:

Sue Walker said...

I love that!

Patmagill116 said...

LOVE IT.....have to have them!!!

Having Fun at Home said...

:-)  They're coming in the mail for both of you- although I'm not sure they're actually going to make it before Grandparents' Day!

Carissa Bonham said...

Love this project! I featured you on my blog round up of last minute gift ideas for parents and grandparents here: http://www.creativecarissa.com/2011/12/last-minute-crafty-christmas-gifts.html

You also gave me the opportunity to drop the word bibliophilic. Come check out the post and grab a button if you'd like.

Love you guys and hope you're doing well.

East Coast Mommy said...

So adorable!  I just "pinned" this.  :-)